Sunday, January 22, 2012

Little goal

Part 2 of FAREWELL ADVERTISING

*A goal to a bigger goal

July 2011
   Surprisingly, when I had my first ever presentation, I did not feel nervous at all. Maybe one factor was that I was introduced to the client weeks before my big day so I had a glimpse of the atmosphere of the place and the aura of the big people I will soon face. Aside from that, my client was very soft-spoken so I am confident. In terms of preparation, it did not eat much of my time as I was expecting. The longer process of groundwork will come after the client has agreed to check my proposal and asked to send him samples and rates of our services. That is where the real challenge comes. And I can say that I had a hard time preparing the second proposal because I have yet to familiarize myself with provincial ad placement. I had to make a research first about their products' area of coverage outside Manila.

   The second time I presented was better. I am more confident. I tried as hard as I can to louder my voice, to make it seem like I know the ins and outs of my business with my client. And I think I succeeded enough to make my client stick his nose with my services. I made sure I highlighted their competitors (performance) to persuade him to place an ad. And he did later on.

   Now, I should get myself prepared if I encounter new and bigger clients. In time, it will be just like meeting friends with a little goal - the goal of getting their accounts. :)

Signed,
J.A.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment